Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Thesis Complete (at least for now)

On the evening of November 25, 2008, I met up one final time with my editor to give my thanks and to receive her signature to seal the deal. I told her how grateful I was for her generosity and time, and would love to reciprocate with some kind of art piece. From there, I drove off to Kinkos/FedEx to overnighted a package to Savannah, Georgia directed to my thesis chair, Professor Scott Boylston. A few days later, I received the 'o.k.' from all the chairs and the SCAD library, which is where it will be bound to become part of their permanent thesis files.

You can't even imagine the relief and feeling of accomplishment that I've been feeling for the last few weeks! It's amazing!

Here are some stills I shot of the book. Again, this is an ongoing procecess of which I will be constantly refining and adding to. For example, the book: the book's physical construction is meant to mimic a butterfly. I feel it is successful, but can be pushed further. For instance, when you open it, it is meant to be read from the inside out, rather than left to right. When the reader opens the book, they don't really know where to start, so I will implement a visual cue for the starting point. I would also like the book to appear closed from the inside out, rather than what you see now (this will be explored and I will post new photos in the near future).


5 comments:

WLCI Design School said...

Your blog is more informative. I appreciate it.
For More Details Graphic Design Institute visit us : http://www.wlcidesign.in/

Unknown said...

This is very much a work in progress whenever www.trustwebsitehostingreviews.com/
I find out about one who is more beautiful than any of these I will add her and kick out number ten Thanks for sharing the informative post.
Regards

Unknown said...

Great informative site. http://www.promptessay.com
/
I'm really impressed after reading this blog post. I really appreciate the time and effort you spend to share this with us! I do hope to read more updates from you.

Unknown said...

Cool thesis. http://online-essay-writer.org/ I like your work.

Unknown said...

I like your work a lot. http://www.online-essay-writer.org/ So creatively!