Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Pixel Naturalist, Jessica Jones

I recently received an email from Jessica Jones, who is the graphic designer for the Biomimicry Guild, and would like to share it with everyone. It's amazing how blogs can spread the word!:
_____________________________


Hi, Allie,

I am the pixel naturalist (i.e. graphics designer, creative director, and image coordinator) for the Biomimicry Guild, and I stumbled across your blog today. It is very insightful and I hope your thesis is coming along nicely, if you are not already finished with it! I received your email address from Rose Tocke at the Biomimicry Guild because I saw that both of you had been in communication before. I am currently brainstorming how I can further apply biomimicry principles into our graphics design process here at the Guild. I am also in the process of writing an excerpt for a graphics design book about biomimicry and would like to share ideas (a mutualistic relationship!). As you might be aware, bringing biomimicry into graphics design is a bit different than using it in engineering, architecture, or product design. Therefore, I would enjoy hearing your thoughts about this unique and inspiring topic for graphic designers.

I look forward to hearing from you,
Jessica


To say the least, I definitely responded and explained how much I wanted to contribute my ideas to the topic. I'll keep everyone posted on what happens!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Very informative.
Thank you so much for sharing.
beaded bra straps